Be Not Wise in Thine Own Eyes: Be Trusting in God’s Ways - Excerpt from the new Bible Study Audio CD titled, "Walking with God".
Order the Full Length Audio CD
Live Teaching containing Bonus Info not found in this short article.
7) Be not wise in thine own eyes (of all 5 of the senses mentioned before, God singles this one out because the eyes are the primary sensory input for most people and are also figuratively known as “the window to your soul” The Eye - represents wisdom, understanding, comprehension. To not be wise in our own eyes, but rather to keep our eyes on God, can only bless our lives.): fear (to regard with respect tinged with awe) the LORD, and depart from evil.
8) It shall be health to thy navel (It's a figure of speech. Meaning where your umbilical chord was that gave you sustenance, that navel once connected you to life itself. Health to thy navel would be health and sustenance to all of your physical body, 100%, nothing left out), and marrow (moisture, refreshment) to thy bones. (A figure of speech: moisture to your bones. Meaning, dry bones are weak, brittle and break easily. Dry and brittle bones have no strength; broken bones will not support you. Moist, healthy and refreshed bones are strong giving you support for survival and prosperity.)
9) Honour (give credit and respect to) the LORD with thy substance (that which you already have plus your wealth), and with the first fruits (first portion and and best thereof) of all thine increase:
10) So shall thy barns (used figuratively for any physical storehouse, or bank accounts, etc. As a figure of speech, the barn represents the place where the ripe wheat is taken, away from the field and the tares. Wheat represents the children of the Truth.) be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine (wine represent survival because water went bad in the desert heat. Wine lasted longer and provided more nourishment than plain water. New wine is a treat, it’s extra refreshing and very tasteful).
Get Understanding for it is Greater than Silver and Gold
13) Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,
14) for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.
Silver - represents the truth. "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." - Psalm 12:6
Gold - represents the divine nature. As gold is the highest, most precious metal, so the divine nature is the highest nature, the only nature having immortality.
15) She is more precious than rubies (represents preciousness, things of great value, costly glories, wisdom), and nothing you desire can compare with her.
16) Long life is in her right hand (the hand of blessing); in her left hand (the unclean hand, the hand of cursing) are riches and honor (the absolute worse that Understanding has to offer is riches and honor!).
17) Her ways are ways of pleasantness (agreeableness, i.e. delight, suitableness, splendor or grace), and all her paths are peace.
18) She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed.
19) The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens (that’s a lot of power);
20) by his knowledge the deeps broke open (water flows from below, water brings forth life), and the clouds drop down the dew (more water, this time from above. Above and below, top and bottom, head and feet, he’s got us covered from A-Z).
To honor God with our substance, our material wealth and increase, is simply to give to God what is proper to offer Him. When we are delighting, meditating, not forgetting, keeping, trusting, acknowledging, and now honoring God... It's no surprise to see the results of honoring: our barns are filled with plenty and our presses burst out (overflow) with new wine. That's a promise from God for walking with Him and keeping His Word.
Share this page with your friends on your Social Networking sites
Have a question? Ask us - Click here!
Did You Find This Page Helpful?
Please visit our Resources Page and purchase some of our books, CDs and MP3 downloads.
Proceeds go toward helping spread God's Word over the world.
Did you enjoy the article? Then you will love the live Bible Lesson! Order the new Audio CD of this bible lesson taught live in fellowship with EXTRA BONUS MATERIAL not found in the article.
Walking with God
Proverbs 3: A Study in Trusting God and Gaining Wisdom
When we are Walking with God, we are to keep our eyes on Him and on His Word at all times. In so doing we gain deep understanding and sound wisdom in all things pertaining to life and Godliness. On this 30 minute Audio CD, you will learn from the Book of Proverbs 3:1-24 what walking with God really means and exactly how we benefit from doing it. Contains Extra Bonus Information not found in the free article. Learn More
Select CD Shipped to You
or Instant MP3 Download
(No Sales Tax & Free shipping!)
Your CD(s) will be shipped to the address you specify within 5-7 business days. If you have any questions, please contact us via Email: support @gods-word-first.org
Use your Credit or Debit Card
About the Teacher: Daniel Sweet is the President and founder of God's Word First Ministry. He is an ordained minister, biblical scholar, teacher of the holy spirit and an expert author on the subject of Leadership. He and his wife, Debbra Sweet have overseen the growth and development of multiple in home fellowships and have been instrumental in helping many people come to the knowledge and truth of God’s Word.