Be Not Wise in Thine Own Eyes: Instead You Should Be Trusting in God’s Ways - Excerpt from the new Bible Study Audio CD titled, "Walking with God".
On Sale Now! Full audio sermon taught live in fellowship. CD Shipped to You only $12.30 or Instant MP3 Download for $2.99!
Lots more infomation on this CD than in this short article. Become an expert in spiritual discernment! Buy the CD or download the sermon now on mp3.
7) Be not wise in thine own eyes (of all 5 of the senses mentioned before, God singles this one out because the eyes are the primary sensory input for most people and are also figuratively known as “the window to your soul” The Eye - represents wisdom, understanding, comprehension. To not be wise in our own eyes, but rather to keep our eyes on God, can only bless our lives.): fear (to regard with respect tinged with awe) the LORD, and depart from evil.
8) It shall be health to thy navel (It's a figure of speech. Meaning where your umbilical chord was that gave you sustenance, that navel once connected you to life itself. Health to thy navel would be health and sustenance to all of your physical body, 100%, nothing left out), and marrow (moisture, refreshment) to thy bones. (A figure of speech: moisture to your bones. Meaning, dry bones are weak, brittle and break easily. Dry and brittle bones have no strength; broken bones will not support you. Moist, healthy and refreshed bones are strong giving you support for survival and prosperity.)
9) Honour (give credit and respect to) the LORD with thy substance (that which you already have plus your wealth), and with the first fruits (first portion and and best thereof) of all thine increase:
10) So shall thy barns (used figuratively for any physical storehouse, or bank accounts, etc. As a figure of speech, the barn represents the place where the ripe wheat is taken, away from the field and the tares. Wheat represents the children of the Truth.) be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine (wine represent survival because water went bad in the desert heat. Wine lasted longer and provided more nourishment than plain water. New wine is a treat, it’s extra refreshing and very tasteful).
13) Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding,
14) for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold.
Silver - represents the truth. "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times." - Psalm 12:6
Gold - represents the divine nature. As gold is the highest, most precious metal, so the divine nature is the highest nature, the only nature having immortality.
15) She is more precious than rubies (represents preciousness, things of great value, costly glories, wisdom), and nothing you desire can compare with her.
16) Long life is in her right hand (the hand of blessing); in her left hand (the unclean hand, the hand of cursing) are riches and honor (the absolute worse that Understanding has to offer is riches and honor!).
17) Her ways are ways of pleasantness (agreeableness, i.e. delight, suitableness, splendor or grace), and all her paths are peace.
18) She is a tree of life to those who lay hold of her; those who hold her fast are called blessed.
19) The Lord by wisdom founded the earth; by understanding he established the heavens (that’s a lot of power);
20) by his knowledge the deeps broke open (water flows from below, water brings forth life), and the clouds drop down the dew (more water, this time from above. Above and below, top and bottom, head and feet, he’s got us covered from A-Z).
To honor God with our substance, our material wealth and increase, is simply to give to God what is proper to offer Him. When we are delighting, meditating, not forgetting, keeping, trusting, acknowledging, and now honoring God then it's no surprise to see the results of honoring: our barns are filled with plenty and our presses burst out (overflow) with new wine. That's a promise from God for walking with Him and keeping His Word.
Phone/Text: (442) 273-0073
Email: support@gods-word-first (dot) org
Address: God's Word First, P.O. Box 3406, Vista, CA. 92085 United States
© 2010 God's Word First International Biblical Research & Teaching Ministry and Daniel D. Sweet.